Cover letter, CV, your current salary and salary expectations.
10 Feb 2017
03 Feb 2017
This role requires the successful candidate to work in close collaboration with the Senior Designer, PS Menswear and PS Design Team in the design and development of the PS by Paul Smith collection.
• To update all collection and style boards, both physical and digital.
• Working with the PS Senior Designer and PS Designer to insure all sketches are prepared for fittings.
• Alongside the PS Design team, work on the design and development of the PS by Paul Smith collection.
• To initiate and collaborate on research into themes and techniques.
• All seasonal files are kept clearly updated and accessible, artwork to be copyrighted and archived.
• To follow range plans and critical paths, and ensure that all deadlines are respected and strictly adhered to.
• As required, to travel to Nottingham, factories in Europe, Japan and the rest of Asia.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum 2.1 Degree in Fashion, or equivalent qualification, with a focus in Menswear design.
• Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft packages.
• Credible experience working in a Menswear design studio.
• Experience of working with business partners in disparate locations.
• Experience in research and initial board ideas, through to design development and creation of technical diagrams.
• Knowledge of trends and researching trends within Menswear.
• Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed specifications, both freehand and using design programmes.
• Excellent planning, prioritising and organisational skills to ensure key deadlines are met.
• Knowledge of garment and fabric construction, with a strong understanding of pattern cutting.
• Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent communication skills.
• Strong ability to deal with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships.
• A broad interest across various cultural themes, with an interest in fashion, music, literature and the arts.
• Able to travel within the UK and internationally.
About Paul Smith:
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative spirit, which combines tradition and modernity. Famous for its clothing and accessories collections, Paul Smith specialises in an inventive use of traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge design to create beautifully made, desirable, modern pieces.
Paul Smith is a tastemaker – a leader of British and international design trends. With an enthusiasm for eclectic cultural references and idiosyncratic combinations of pattern and colour, applied with understatement, Paul Smith expresses a truly contemporary aesthetic.