Cover letter, CV, your current salary and salary expectations, a link to your work examples totalling no more than 10 pages that is live for a minimum of at least four weeks.
15 Feb 2017
03 Feb 2017
Based in our London office, this role is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated in-house design team tasked to deliver luxury retail environments for a British fashion brand. Working in a small team you will assist with the concept, design and installation of new shops and updates to existing shop fits.
- assist with the design and produce concept, layout and detailed drawing packages for new and existing retail projects
- design level will include detailed furniture and fixture design, lighting layout and finishing schedules
- work with the designers to produce sample boards to meet the commercial and aesthetic requirements
- assist with multiple projects liaising with project managers, consultants and contractors ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
- attend meetings with shop designers to input and update on current projects
- work with existing fixture and fittings, producing detailed drawings to allow for any modifications
Essential experience and skills required:
- to be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 degree in interior design, architecture (Part-I) or interior architecture/design degree or equivalent
- advanced computer literacy skills including Vectorworks
- demonstrated experience in high end interior or furniture design environment
- competent at producing excellent accurate and detailed drawings
- experience working with manufacturers, and business partners in disparate locations
- proven project management experience
- the ability to think creatively, visualise design concepts and explain these to others
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- an excellent eye for design including colour and 3D awareness
- highly systematic and well organised
- be numerate with exceptional problem solving skills
- culturally sensitive with the ability to work with people at all levels
- able to use initiative and work to set deadlines on multiple projects
- able to travel in the UK and internationally
About Paul Smith:
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative spirit, which combines tradition and modernity. Famous for its clothing and accessories collections, Paul Smith specialises in an inventive use of traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge design to create beautifully made, desirable, modern pieces.
Paul Smith is a tastemaker – a leader of British and international design trends. With an enthusiasm for eclectic cultural references and idiosyncratic combinations of pattern and colour, applied with understatement, Paul Smith expresses a truly contemporary aesthetic.