02 Jan 2017
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
Associate Creative Directors oversee the daily activities of a team assigned to multiple projects and cultivate an environment of sustained creativity and professional growth. Associate Creative Directors may assist the Creative Directors on design direction, team effectiveness, and client relationships. They are also expected to play an active, hands-on role in key projects.
- Provide daily management of the quality and tenor of the office and the digital team’s creative work.
- Guide the team in the direction, style, and methodology.
- Collect feedback and best-case examples from the team and collaborate with the CDs to drive the potential creative futures of both your team and the broader frog design consultancy.
- Make yourself a ‘timely expert’ towards the creative needs of our key clients in order to provide necessary creative insights and project oversight.
- Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal development, and project initiation.
- Take a creative leadership role in at least one top-tier client.
- Oversee the creative output of your team.
- Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of the team towards the needs of our customers.
- Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools to be competitive.
- Help develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, inventive, curious, and open.
- Mentor the careers of your direct reports.
- Manage day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables
- Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs
- Participate in recruiting and hiring digital designers
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork
- Establish and nurture good client working relationships
- Participate in new business development activities
- At least two years of experience managing a design team
- At least ten years professional digital design experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization.
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Fluency in English. Language ability in Mandarin is a plus.
Applications submitted without a portfolio cannot be considered.