Fjällräven are recruiting an experienced designer to reinforce our R&D department. The work involves research, design and development of garments and equipment for trekking and outdoor life. At Fjällräven you will be part of a strong and growing team, developing and selling outdoor equipment with global distribution.
Since Fjällräven was founded over 50 years ago, we have had one strong driving force: to develop products that make it easier for people to enjoy nature.
- Creates original designs based on function, following and developing the aesthetic of the Fjällräven brand.
- Will base his/her work on design briefs created on brand strategy, market input and a systematic garment approach. While the responsibility to create the briefs is not mainly on the designer, it is expected that she/he will contribute to building of the range short and long term.
- Will work in a team with Head of Innovation & Design and fellow designers as main colleagues with a group of specialists as resources to use in development.
- Takes part in defining sourcing and development of fabrics.
- Will create product lines with different kinds of garments that create a functional and conceptual whole.
- Will take part in creating colour theme for each season, ensuring new colours match and complement the base colours in a good way.
- Will present his/her work at internal meetings as well as external events such as customer presentations or meetings with press.
- Will work closely with product developers & pattern makers to ensure wanted product functionality, fabric performance and fit is achieved.
- Will create, update and handle design documents in accordance to the Fjällräven templates and workflow.
- Will work with both technical and casual garments.
- 5 years work experience or equivalent.
- Very good skills in Adobe Illustrator. Skills in other Adobe programs are meriting.
- Basic knowledge in Excel.
- Ability to understand and follow Fjällräven design guidelines, in short to create functional, durable products following Fjällrävens unique aesthetic with least environmental impact.
- Ability to create commercial designs within above guidelines.
- Knowledge of garment construction in order to make valid instructions and drawings.
- Knowledge about the outdoor market. This knowledge will be deepened through field and market trips together with the design and product teams.
- Ability to create functional and innovative solutions to challenges in garment design and function.
- Good co-operational skills.
- Good English skills, written and spoken.
- Proven ability to create relevant and commercial designs.
- Works well in an at times, high pace environment.
- Strong motivation, initiative and drive.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to deliver according to planned schedule.
- Ability to travel.
- We believe you have several years work experience, preferably within the outdoor segment.
- Interest and experience in outdoor activities is good but not absolutely necessary.
- Understanding of the needs for these activities, or the will and ability to learn them, is necessary.