Foster + Partners is an award-winning architecture and design practice based in Battersea. Our impressive studios are equipped with state of the art equipment and the latest technology so that we can provide our staff with every resource they could wish for to produce amazing work.
We are now seeking a talented graduate industrial designer to join the team.
You will be working as part of the industrial design team within a global architectural design practice in one of the most innovative studios in the world. You will be working on a diverse range of projects including; designing elements for major architectural projects, designing for clients on private commissions and with companies to develop new products for commercial manufacture. The design teams have access to a variety of cutting edge support services including a dedicated materials research centre, the latest CAD software, as well as fully equipped workshops, 3D printers, photography and film studios and access to latest VR technologies.
You will be reporting in to the head of industrial design on a day to day basis and ultimately to the head of design. There will be a chance for progression within the department for the right applicant.
You will need the following skills:
- have a strong creative mind and be able to demonstrate your process
- technical ability and understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Parametric CAD; Creo, Solidworks or similar is desirable – training can be provided
- a degree in industrial design/product and furniture design or a similar field
- furniture design (desirable)
- good organisation and communication skills
- applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Due to the high number of applicants, if you do not hear back within 48 hours you have not been successful.