Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Create new designs, including user flows, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes, and communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
- Rationalize and justify design work and advocate for user needs.
- Work closely with user researchers to better inform designs through users’ point of view.
- Deliver the designs for each release by following through on details with the Engineering team and driving fit-and-finish polish.
- Collaborate effectively as part of a team and be willing to explore all options.
- BA/BS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience defining design systems that work across a product.
- Design portfolio, with experience designing complex web and/or mobile applications.
- MA/MS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces for complex internal systems
- Expert HTML skills.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
- Effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
28 Dec 2016