Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
In a Lead Interaction Designer, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; Lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary iterative updates that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core product team in-order to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive and well-informed.
- Foster Google’s culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Be responsible for advocating users in a fast-paced business climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business and engineering.
- Experience in UX design.
- Experience leading design teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile application.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Collaborative and innovative.
- Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills.