San Mateo, CA
30 Dec 2016
SolarCity employees are driven by our mission to provide clean energy to families across the U.S. and inspired to truly save the planet – one home or business at a time. Beyond a welcoming atmosphere, SolarCity employees also work together to create an extremely positive and inspiring culture that brings in top talent, keeps drive and motivation high, and makes everyone excited to come to work each day. Do you want to be part of the SolarCity team? Apply today and join the movement!
SolarCity is committed to bringing cleaner, less expensive energy to more people - in order to make that happen, we have a dedicated software team working on the most interesting software projects in the industry. We are looking for a talented UI Designer to join our team to create amazing user experiences.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and prototypes, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. These projects will be challenging, but will play a key role in empowering our workforce and informing our customers and advocates.
Some of the software projects we’re working on include:
- Internal web-based tools to mobilize our workforce
- External apps to facilitate solar adoption
- Real-time energy production and consumption monitoring
- Pricing and proposal tools
- Project management, scheduling, and resource allocation tools
- Complex financial fund modeling
- Define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and customer experience by collaborating with product management and software engineering
- Execute from concept to final hand-off, all visual design stages for software engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Design and develop wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, mockups, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and justify designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Participate in user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines/style guides, best practices and standards
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Design, Visual Design or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a product/UI designer
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Strong experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and medium/high-fidelity prototypes
- Fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other visual design, wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Experience designing enterprise software (including CRM, ERP, project management, billing etc.) a plus
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Outstanding brainstorming and whiteboarding skills
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Flexibility and ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background screen
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
- Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
- Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
- Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Some positions eligible for equity
- Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About the company
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services.
The SolarCity team is smart, open minded and passionate about helping our customers help the environment. We are a dynamic company known for its casual, team-oriented work atmosphere. We provide opportunities for growth and advancement to employees at all levels.
Founded in 2006, SolarCity has made cleaner energy more affordable for thousands of individuals and businesses in 19 states and growing.
SolarCity's customers include homeowners, more than 100 schools, government agencies and well-known corporate clients, including eBay, Intel and Wal-Mart. We are also partnered with Home-Depot and Honda.
Mission: We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas.
Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by providing a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill.
We call this Better Energy.™