Delving deeply into home, work, style and culture, Kinfolk promotes quality of life and connects a global community of creative professionals from London to Tokyo. Since 2011, Kinfolk has become a leading lifestyle authority with a dynamic mix of print and online media, including a quarterly magazine sold in over 100 countries in four languages, daily posts on Kinfolk.com, bestselling books, plus international events and a gallery space in the heart of Copenhagen.
Ouur is a lifestyle publisher and agency creating print and digital media for a young creative audience. Ouur shares Kinfolk's headquarters in Denmark and accesses a hard-to-reach audience of young creatives through publications including Kinfolk magazine. Ouur also offers media expertise to a global list of clients who seek progressive campaigns, films, content creation and bespoke publications. Clients include Zara, Toast, West Elm, Diesel, LG Electronics, Minted, Isetan and Stutterheim.
Kinfolk is accepting applications for an experienced marketing director to join the team in Copenhagen. The marketing director will lead the strategy and execution of all B2B and B2C marketing activities for the Kinfolk brand, delivering across print, digital, PR and experiential channels. Working closely with Kinfolk’s editorial, sales and advertising staff, the marketing director will strengthen Kinfolk’s relationship with the target customer of 25- to 35-year-old international creatives, as well as the brand’s retail and licensee stakeholders. Using a grassroots and community-centric marketing style that reflects Kinfolk’s identity and values, the marketing director will improve brand perception, expand reach and ultimately increase sales.
- Lead strategy and execution for all Kinfolk’s long-lead brand and short-lead product launch campaigns including quarterly magazine issues, biannual notecards and biennial books
- Segment and deliver marketing messaging across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-newsletters, Kinfolk.com, microsites, retail, PR and events
- Work with Kinfolk’s editorial team to ensure all marketing activities are synonymous with Kinfolk’s brand identity, values, aesthetic and editorial tone
- Work with senior management and sales staff to develop marketing activities based on sales performance and revenue targets, re-strategizing according to changing needs
- Schedule all marketing activity in-line with sales dates, maintain the marketing calendar and keep projects and teams on track
- Collaborate with the digital editor on Kinfolk’s social media and website content schedule to maximize visitation, build the online community and ultimately increase direct sales and annual subscriptions
- Maintain the media kit and lead the production of all marketing and sales materials including product and campaign photos, e-newsletters, sales PDFs, website builds, press packs and event collateral
- Brief and manage internal art directors, graphic designers and writers and external creative contractors including photographers, stylists, writers, producers and graphic designers to produce high quality marketing materials
- Build and maintain databases of press, influencer and brand partnership contacts, sending timely correspondence, gifts and non-traditional press releases to nurture relationships and solicit positive coverage
- Manage incoming press requests including interviews; triage based on value
- Develop internal and external company/brand messaging guidelines to ensure positive public knowledge/opinion
- Manage any negative PR issues that arise and work to mitigate future issues
- Manage marketing events including concepts, teams, production, timelines and budgets
- Work with editorial and advertising staff to promote brand partnerships/advertorial initiatives as needed
- Continually track, analyze and report on the performance of all marketing activities including ROI and community engagement, identifying new trends, opportunities and ways to improve
- Conduct and analyze consumer insights through yearly reader surveys and focus groups
- Set, manage, track and meet budgets for all marketing activities
- Maintain an organized database of all marketing assets/materials, contracts, invoices, reports, schedules and budgets
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-4 years of professional experience in a lead marketing role, preferably for a lifestyle brand or publication
- Highly attuned to the lifestyle, interests and motivations of Kinfolk’s target market
- Creative marketer who is results driven, yet able to promote in an honest and sensitive style that is far from traditional or corporate
- Digital native with a deep understanding of social media, web and SEO
- Experience managing PR and events, acting as a brand ambassador
- Experience managing creative staff and contractors including generating briefs, commissioning suppliers and guiding the creative
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Suite, Hootsuite (or similar), Wordpress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, SEO and familiar with basic HTML
- Proven ability to manage and own large-scale projects, lead staff, meet budgets and timelines
- Thrives in fast-moving environments and adaptable to change
- Outstanding teamwork skills with an emphasis on efficiency, clarity and empathy
- At home in a small, collaborative team and comfortable working both in-person and long distance
- Native or fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong existing network of creative suppliers, industry and press connections is considered an advantage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Based on experience.
Five weeks' vacation
Permanent, with three-month statutory probationary window
Category and working hours:
Salaried, 37 hours per week
Cover letter, Résumé, PDF of relevant work or links to online portfolio.
18 Dec 2016