Marcel Wanders is an internationally renowned designer based in the spirited Dutch capital, Amsterdam. Together with our talented international team of over 50 specialists, we realise stunning and exciting projects for premium brands and private clients around the globe. Our mission is to ‘create an environment of love, live with passion, and make our most exciting dreams come true’. Our thriving, inspiring studio space is located in the heart of the creative Jordaan district.
If this sounds like the kind of place you'd love to be? Well read on, because we’re currently looking for a talented product designer.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- responsible for realising magnificent designs that go beyond everyone’s imagination
- daring and passionate: www.marcelwanders.com/products
- research, concept development, hand sketch, 2d and 3d technical specifications, renderings and presentations
- follow a wide scope of projects including furniture, lighting, product, cosmetic and packaging design
- taking a concept from a sketch to 3d model and through to final technical drawings ready for manufacturing
Requirements and experience:
- at least a bachelor's degree at a renowned design academy
- three+ years of relevant experience as product designer
- experienced in Rhino and Adobe CS (this is a must)
- knowledge of Solidworks (this is appreciated)
- superior conceptual approach to styling, colours and materials
- excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques
- be able to sell design ideas
- reliable and professional
- organised and efficient
- need to know and feel comfortable with all product design stages
- experienced with prototype revisions
- living in Amsterdam or willingness to re-locate to Amsterdam
- fluent in English
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.