09 Jan 2017
Resume, cover letter, portfolio written in English.
At Product Design you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Volvo Car Group is well under way on a journey towards a top premium car manufacturer with an exciting range of products on all continents. Within the next years the whole portfolio will be renewed including additional new cars in the lineup. Do you share our passion for design and are you interested in design and connected car technology? Product Design is the place for you to prosper.
The Design department is responsible to develop the design for all future models of the Volvo line-up. We are on a journey to take the Volvo brand to a new level in terms of Design and premium perception. The Interior Design department is responsible for all production and concept cars from initial sketch ideas to final release of a surface data. The aim for the team is to produce the best in class design for our products. We embrace our Scandinavian design philosophy and create cars which make our customers feel special and deliver on our Designed Around You strategy.
As Expert Senior Designer you would be working alongside other designers in the early phases of a project (both concept and production) and then if your design is selected, work in a smaller team to develop the design for production. You would work with a Senior Design Manager throughout each project and present on a weekly basis to the Vice President of Interior Design and when appropriate the Senior Vice President of Design. Depending on the projects you could be working on 4 or 5 projects at a time from early sketch ideas to final development. In some phases you will work with digital and clay modelers and studio engineers.
- Create class leading interior design.
- Work as a responcible team member and strive to solve design problems to the best of your ability
- Deliver presentations on a weekly basis in a clear and consice way giving creative options of design solutions
- Work with the modeling team and concept engineers to develop the surfaces for each phase of the project
- Deliver on time and to the best quality you can achieve
- Bachelor degree or equivalent from Design University
- Skills in photoshop and if possible 3D modelling tools such as Alias and Maya, etc
- Several years’ experience of working as an automotive designer
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Strong feel for Customer Satisfaction
- Engage and encourage people
- Drive change and implementation
- Relations oriented
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people’s life less complicated”. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Sourceright. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Daniela Borquez by e-mail. Note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted.