17 Jan 2017
Misys is one of the world’s leading producers of financial services software, providing the broadest and deepest portfolio of products on the market. We are helping to transform the global financial services industry by making financial institutions more resilient, more efficient, and more competitive. Over the past three years Misys has delivered 73 product releases, launched five new products, won over 40 awards, acquired IND to tap into digital channels, CCS to expand our lending offering and closed over 1,000 deals while gaining over 60 new customers.
Misys solutions are used by some of the world's leading financial institutions!
- Including 48 of the world's 50 largest banks
- 16 of the top 25 syndicated loan book runners
- 12 of the top 20 asset managers
- More than 90 asset managers and hedge funds
Why work for Misys?
Misys believes in empowering its people by providing the necessary tools they need to achieve success. Whether it is developing a new product, writing new software, building relationships with clients, or recruiting the best talent, rest assured that with Misys, the future is yours to shape. Our expansive network allows us to provide opportunities for growth in and outside of our organization. Be a part of a team of people who value and challenge you. If employed at Misys, you will work with people who are leading the financial services industry in innovation.
- Medical insurance coverage, which employees are eligible for on the first day of hire
- Supporting trainings and exams
- Competitive employee referral program
- Loyalty bonus
- Cafeteria package
- Thematic days (fruits, pastries, soup etc.)
What will you contribute?
Banking is ripe for change and you will create the future. You will work as part of a team of designers that are re-forging retail banking and the surrounding ecosystem. Not just 'an app' - you'll reach in, untangle and shape the whole system: End-to-end, front-to-back, the whole system. You will use visualisation, AI, voice, whatever it takes to augment people's financial intelligence and improve their lives. You want to contextualise the immediate in terms of people's future. You will give financial institutions the understanding to prevent the excessive risks we've seen in recent years. You want to shape the future. You want to do the best work of your life.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead UX design and research activities, mentoring and training junior team members.
- UX planning, from technology specification to design process, following industry best practices and personal experience.
- Design authority: be a recognised leader within the company and/or within the industry with regard to user experience.
- Define personas, scenarios, and user journeys; build user journey storyboards.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and other types of user research
- Conduct heuristic and quantitative analysis of existing products and conceptual designs to drive iteration
- Design information architectures and product navigation
- Design user interfaces with wire-frame drawings
- Construct interactive prototypes of UI designs using Axure and other technologies
- Design and present UX training throughout Misys
- Maintain leading industry knowledge on UX, both of technology and design methods
- Work across the UX team and across Misys, spanning individual practitioners to executive leaders
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in UX.
- Experience in consumer and enterprise application design.
- Strength with standard tools like Axure or InVision, the Adobe suite or Sketch, etc.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation abilities.
- Firm grasp on how visual treatments change when applied to interactive, moving elements on a web page, application or device.
- Experience with contextual research methods, interviewing, survey development, usability testing, heuristic analyses, and other qual. and quant. methods for understanding people and behaviours.
- Financial services background beneficial but not required.
- Strong, collaborative interpersonal work style.
- Proactive self-starter, able to work unsupervised within agreed timeframes.
- Strong social skills, able to work effectively with diverse candidates.
Our Application Process:
Our Application Process:
- Follow the link to apply online. If you meet the basic requirements for this position, a recruiter will contact you within 7 business days.
- Complete our online cognitive and personality assessments.
- Learn more about our company and tell us about your experience as it pertains to this role during one of our HR interviews.
- Learn more about the position and the team during a phone interview with the hiring manager.
- Meet the hiring manager and the team during an in-person interview.