06 Jan 2017
We are looking for a Software Visual Designer to join us in our Budapest office. You will be part of the GE Healthcare UX Center of Excellence, an organization dedicated to leveraging digital technologies to drive revenue growth and customer value for GE Healthcare’s software businesses. Working with a team of other user experience professionals, you will be responsible for working on the design or redesign of products within our portfolio.
You will leverage your years of developing unsurpassed user experiences for leading software brands to help define a design signature for GE Healthcare. You will display the ability to create unrivaled design solutions, and you will be able to communicate those design ideas in a way that is appropriate for the various stakeholders with whom you will interface. You will also work with some of the best external digital agencies along with world-class UX and technology leaders internally, and you will be a core member of a dynamic, exciting, fast-paced, and global team.
- Act as a member of the Healthcare UX Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality interaction design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX – research, ideation, strategy, interaction design and visual design
- Create stunning web and application designs for GE Healthcare products
- Focus on visual design for a design system that you will help build.
- Contribute to the design and information architecture of GE Healthcare’s next-generation software products and services
- Compellingly counter resistance to adoption of UX recommendations
- Be a subject matter expert in the area of interaction design, visual design or both. Be an evangelist for current trends in visual and interaction design for mobile, tablet, desktop and hardware-embedded software solutions
- Multitask and manage the design of a product or assets for the healthcare design system in a cross-functional environment
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with internal teams that are leveraging assets the design team is creating.
- Build relationships with GE Healthcare businesses to develop and champion differentiating design concepts
- Bachelors in the following: Graphic/Visual Design, Fine Arts, Library and Information Science, Human Computer Interaction, Marketing, Industrial Design, or a related discipline
- Portfolio demonstrating successful examples of conceptual designs, prototypes, and final design patterns used in commercialized products
- Strong experience and working knowledge of goal-directed principles, processes and methodologies
- Experience and strong working knowledge of site design; mastery in principles of Web and application design (HTML, XHTML, CSS, JS)
- A demonstrated understanding of all phases of goal-directed design and development, and the ability to create and test unrivaled interfaces that solve hard problems with elegant interaction solutions
- Strong communications (written and verbal), negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%, including overnight stays
- Fluent English and Hungarian
- Ability to work with the latest Adobe products, Axure/Omnigraffle/Visio knowledge is a plus
- Basic knowledge of project planning and execution
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. GE operates in 160 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide, finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance to build, power, move and cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing.
At GE Healthcare, we transform the way healthcare is delivered to patients globally. We are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, and analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry - energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.