Studio Urquiola, international architecture and design firm, with studios in Milan and London, is currently searching for an experienced senior architect to join the studio in Milan and to start as soon as possible.
The candidate should have exceptional design, technical, communication and management skills: he/she is required to participate in all phases of the architectural design and documentation process; he/she is asked to manage client expectations and to deliver successful and effective results, according to Patricia Urquiola’s creative input.
He/she should also lead the team assigned in the right direction by managing and supporting the other architects/ interior designers and by providing them with motivational and development feedbacks.
Precisely, as a senior architect, the candidate should:
- generate and develop overall architectural and interior design concepts and effectively lead/direct the team in the successful implementation of those concepts
- perform material and building systems research and participate in the coordination and preparation of project specifications and deliveries
- have in-depth knowledge and understanding of materials, technical details, realisation processes, with a background in mid-large scale projects
- manage the relationship with clients, suppliers and consultants
- ensure the quality of output for all creative work
- mentor and coach the team
- foster an inspiring and positive culture
- strive for continuous improvement and excellence
- degree in architecture
- minimum ten years’ work experience in a renowned architecture firm and a proven track record of working on architectural design including construction stages
- experience in an International environment where RIBA and LEED standards are required is highly appreciated
- familiarity with design procedures; architecture codes and standards, and their implementation; design delivery list for every design phase
- strong knowledge of common design and layout software (AutoCad, 3d Max, Rhinoceros, InDesign; Revit might be a plus)
- collaborative, positive outlook
- excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- experience in team leadership
- strong communication skills, commitment and reliability
- capability to perform well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- high energy and passion
- candidates who do not fulfill the requirements above should refrain from applying