We’re looking for an outstanding Sr. Experience Designer to join our team in Seattle and provide immediate impact to Spark Post's product evolution and strategy.
We’re looking for an outstanding Sr. Experience Designer to join our team in Seattle and provide immediate impact to Spark Post's product evolution and strategy. Design is at the forefront of everything we do. You’ll be a part of enabling others to share that love by designing simple and beautiful experiences for mobile and web – all while advancing our design intelligence backbone around parameters like typography, layout, color theory, and content awareness. You have demonstrated a track record of designing and shipping products not only that you’re proud of, but have a proven purpose and need. You empathize with users, actively seek feedback, and embrace multiple contributors to the design process. Your interaction, systems, and visual design skills is what make you a great designer. But, your ability to balance business awareness, technology, organizational agility, and love of all forms of data is what makes you amazing.
About our product:
Adobe Spark is a cloud-based web and mobile solution to help you keep pace with the demands of beautiful and engaging everyday communications. Non-profits, teachers, students, small businesses, marketers, bloggers, and office workers are all trying to keep up with the demand for visual content needed to stand out on social media or in their daily tasks. Most do not have the design skill, the money to hire help, or the time to learn a professional tool. Spark is their fun, fast, and frictionless solution to communicate with impact. Learn more at http://spark.adobe.com/
What you’ll do:
- As a Sr. Experience Designer, you will lead a core product initiative, partnering with your PM and Dev Lead
- Grow and evolve our design system of patterns, components, and styles across mobile and web
- Work holistically across teams to identify synergies and opportunities for better end-to-end experiences
- Partner with other teams, like growth and marketing, to ensure that there are stories that speak to multiple touch points of the user journey
- Evangelize our product and the role of design both internally and externally
What you need to succeed:
- A degree in a design-related field (HCI, interaction, visual), or comparable work experience
- 7 years of experience working in agency, start-up, or corporate environments
- Strength in both interaction and visual design
- Ability to iterate - You are experiment-driven and always seeking a better way to do things at whatever level of fidelity is required
- A fascination for all types of data with a mindset of how to balance quant and qual.
- Has creative and analytical skills to facilitate research, synthesize and communicate findings into insights and opportunity areas that inform and inspire design
- A desire to go beyond pixels: You do whatever it takes to make a product successful. You’re curious about how business, social, technical and behavioral factors impact the UX across customer’s journey inside and outside the product UX.
- You believe great design equals great business: You seek to have an influential role with the product team as a driver for design process and product strategy.
- A history building and shipping software
- A comprehensive understanding of the user-centered design process
- The ability to communicate design ideas persuasively and concisely to all functions of the organization, including executives
- A pro at executing quality design across all surfaces, with focus on iOS, Web, tablet, etc.
- An innate capability to inspire teams and a good sense of humor!
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.