Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Experience Designer, Nike Digital Innovation you'll generate new ways of thinking about how modern technologies and services can be combined to craft beautiful and intuitive experiences that solve problems for product teams. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to research and lead the design of best-in-class experiences. You’ll be able to produce both digital and physical design outputs including user flows, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design comps, motion studies – anything you need to help you articulate your ideas. You’ll use your leadership skills and design talents to lead teams as well as work independently to create original designs. You’ll have a proven track record of working with technology partners, vendors and creative partners to deliver innovative solutions.
You’ll partner with product Innovation, Design and Manufacturing teams to identify new tools and services that enable the production of better product faster. You’ll meet complex challenges with creativity and humor and concept, sell-in and execute solutions that deliver results.
Preference will be given to people who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual and design chops.
- Collaborate with partners and sponsors to drive towards process and technology change, utilizing a user-centric research process.
- Participate in and lead multiple interdisciplinary project teams.
- Educate and inspire team members by communicating a vision for the project as well as involving people at the optimal levels for project success.
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders, ensure that they meet the stated objectives and stay on agenda.
- Drive the strategy and vision for various projects, as well as own deliverables including conceptual models, personas, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, and visuals.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Be passionate about delivering a premium solution, but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations.
- Ability to balance the management and direction of an agency team with independent, hands-on execution of deliverables.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art
- Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- At least 5+ years experience in User Experience or Interaction Design
- At least 6 years experience in Visual Design
- A hands-on experience designer, preferably with knowledge and expertise in rapid prototyping tools (Invision, Principal, etc.).
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- An expert understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
- Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Can work with grace under pressure
- Proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Prefer deep expertise in one of the following areas: Creative & Innovative Problem Solving, Motion Graphics Design, Digital Prototyping, UX Research
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Job ID: 00296428
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.