EdX is searching for a Sr. Product Manager (PM) to lead, develop and deliver edX products & services in collaboration with our Open edX community. As an open-source online learning platform, edX seeks to drive adoption of our Open edX platform, to steward and accelerate the open source community’s extension of the platform, including the development of new products and features.
As an edX Sr. PM, you will examine market conditions, the competitive and technology landscape, and gather input from stakeholders to evaluate, size and prioritize opportunities. You will size and evaluate various market opportunities to inform our product roadmap and community engagement model for co-development of large features and products and serve as PM on the selected products.
- Drive the velocity of new feature development through the Open edX platform & community.
- Define the product definition for key extension points of the Open edX platform.
- Serve as Product Manager for community development projects aligned with the edX product roadmap.
- Measure progress toward goals and achieve target outcomes while driving continuous improvement.
- Serve as product owner for one or more development teams.
- Interact directly with open edX community members, learners, other product managers, and stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and capture these in the form of user stories.
- Define the engineering backlog, technical requirements, product requirements that will achieve the desired outcomes.
- Define MVP, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Work with engineering teams to define the execution plans for the user stories.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager at a software company, preferably overseeing complex, new to market products.
- Experience with open source projects a big plus.
- Experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, and other artifacts related to Agile.
- Experience operating and thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth, results oriented, hands-on environment.
- Experience leading product teams that partner effectively with engineering, UX and stakeholders.
- Be data driven and iterative - has audacious hypothesis, yet invests in testing and learning along the way.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, especially in web technologies.
- Experience with education technology a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences including C-level executives
- BS degree, with a preference for a computer science or technical major or equivalent experience.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.