04 Jan 2017
Sony is a leading global innovator of audio, video, communications and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets -from electronics to media and entertainment.
Do you want to help to create unique products and services to influence the way people live their lives?
Come and join us to work with our creative, technical and specialist experts from all over the world to help drive growth for the business and importantly… for you!
Sony has a unique and well established design heritage. In 1961, Sony was one of the first companies to place design at the heart of their work, founding a dedicated Design Centre in Tokyo, known today as the Sony Creative Center.
Sony Nordic Design Studio, based in Lund – Sweden, together with the Sony UK Design Studio, is forming the European Branch of Sony Creative Center.
Working with us at Sony Nordic gives you the opportunity to work in a creative environment, designing new products and services, together with colleagues from all over the world.
We are now looking for a passionate UI/UX Designer to join our Lund team.
You will be working alongside a multidisciplinary design team (Graphics, ID, Color & Material, 3D and Motion Design) to define interaction and visual design that will inform and inspire the strategy, planning and design of Sony’s future products, applications and services.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creating innovative design concepts
- Creating excellent detailed interaction and visual design
- Conducting basic research to inform and inspire your design
- Creating interactive prototypes
- Collaborating with other designers, planners, and software teams to design brilliant user experiences
- Contributing to the development of new design tools and methods
- Communicating your design clearly and persuasively to team members and management
- Contributing by evaluating and reviewing design done by others
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Most importantly – you are highly motivated and passionate about design
- 5 years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design of consumer applications, preferably mobile devices
- Extensive knowledge and experience of driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, product management, and user research
- Experience in visual/graphic design
- Ability to drive design projects
- Genuine interest in consumer products
- Fluent in English (speech and writing), Scandinavian language is a plus
- Additional language skills are a merit, but not essential